Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tonight made it all real...

Tonight our Young Women along with the help of our Young Men went out and began pre-selling our Carnival fundraiser tickets. OMGoodnes, I have been waiting for this day since February, and it finally has arrived. We need to raise at least $1300 for our 30 girls to get to girls camp. All of our girls showed up to go out and raise their money. They were all motivated and put their game faces on. It was such a thrill. I brought along Jasmine and Serena to help. We separated the girls into 12 groups. We combine our activities with the 9th ward, so we had to cover 600 houses. My group consisted of Serena, Jas, me and Vida. It was so much fun. Vida is our stake Young Women's counselor and Solomons aunt. So we were told to go to 50 houses and we ended up going to all the homes of Vida's friends and about 10 of our assigned houses. We raised $187 after 2 hours of selling. Jasmine was my little sales lady. She was so confident in her sales pitch. Serena was the ticket holder and had a shy confidence, but she did her part. It was fun. So after 2 hours of selling, we all came back together at the ward and counted the money. We made an awesome $897.00. Isn't that crazy? All the groups were not able to get to every home in 2 hours, but could you imagine if we did. We would've made our goal in one night. I am soooooo excited now. Tonight made everything I've been working for for the past 4 months, REAL! I'm so proud of my Young Women and especially proud of my lil group. If you want information about our carnival let me know. I will be posting more information later!!

2 comments:

  1. yay Cia!! I guys are probably going to tripple what you guys need to make! hopefully youguys will get to keep it for extra fun at camp!! I seriously can't believe that the carnival hasn't even started and you are already almost there!!! It is all because of you and your love you have for the girls, so I hope you are proud of yourselF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tala. I think we'll have our camp fund before the carnival even begins. This is such an important fundraiser for us, because all the money we raise we are able to carry into next year. I really hope we do triple what we need. I'm so grateful for EVERYONE who has helped me, along with our leaders. It's so neat how people are willing to help if you just ask. This takes me so out of my comfort zone, but I really love the feeling!

    ReplyDelete