Saturday, May 1, 2010

B-day party/ Best of EFY

I wasn't able to write yesterday due to it being Serena's birthday party, and it sure was a party! She wanted a music party and that's what she had. At the same time as the party, I had the missionaries over for dinner. Hey why not kill two birds with one stone. So the missionaries were able to be fed and we along with our b-day guests were able to be spiritually fed. After the missionaries shared their message and were sent off with food for a week...lol, we started the music party. We played name that tune, had a lip syncing contest, played name that animal sound, and to top off the party had a talent show and then a dance. The girls had soooo much fun. I loved watching them sing, dance and just be the little girls they are. Serena invited 11 girls: Family consisted of Cia Sii, Ilaise, Jasmine, Ariana, Ebony and Nessa. Friends were: Sose (Mele), Amelia, Jared, Marleni, Kaylee who also brought Leticia. One thing I learned from this birthday party was that I should never mix friends with family. Some of Serena's friends were feeling left out and began to complain, which was soooo irritating. So lesson learned, never again, unless it's Sose...she was so sweet. All in all the party was simple and so fun!

Today I was able to attend the Best of EFY with my Young Woman up at the U of U institute building. It literally was 3 hours of pure spiritual joy! There were 3 speakers, Bro. Robley,who spoke about Mapping your way on the straight and narrow path, Sis Shupe, she spoke about Which way your tent is facing and Bro. Hilton who is the co-author of the book WHY. He spoke on Why? Principles behind the practices. Each one of these speakers were soooo good. The youth of today are so blessed to have such great leaders who care so much for them. My favorite saying taught was, "When you break the rules, the rules break you!" It's so simple yet so strong. I challenged my girls to bear their testimonies about what they learned and how it made them feel. I'm so grateful for my calling and love my Young Woman!

What are your thoughts about b-day parties?
Have you attended EFY?
What are some sayings that you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment