Sunday, May 16, 2010

Service is...

Yesterday my sister Anna asked me to help her with her Primary activity that she was in charge of. If you don't already know, she has also been called as the new Primary president of her ward, but has not been officially called in her ward yet. Well just from yesterdays experience and watching her with the kids, I know that she will be an excellent president. She has such a fun personality that draws the kids in. At the activity she had 4 stations. A decorate a cookie station (my favorite because the cookies were sooooo delicious) a Fathers day origami making card station, a Fathers day decorate a frame station and a sock game station. Each of the old presidency were there manning their stations. The were very supportive. My mom, sister Eta, sis in law Klarah and myself were helping them with each of the stations. It was so cute. I hope she post pictures of what they did, if not I'll take pictures and try to post them. It was so much fun being able to serve my sister along with her primary. I will never forget the saying, "When you are in the service of your fellow being, you are only in the service of your God." My dad constantly taught us this principle. I love the feeling of service. I have taught my kids another saying that I learned in seminary, "Service is like peeing your pants, everyone sees it, but only you feel the warmth inside." LOL My kids don't really like that one, but hey it gets the meaning across. Good job Anna.

4 comments:

  1. Thank u sister that meant a lot to me. I'm so critical of myself. I'm so so so grateful you mom, Eta and Klarah were there helping me. Had it not been for ya'll...it would've went a whole nother route! Do u mind if I post this on my page cause I don't wanna write about it...lol..Thank u and please post pics cause I didn't take not even ONE! :( sad!
    P.S.
    You are always serving sis! I love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are more than welcome for helping and you can post this on your page. I just took pictures of my kids cards, so I'll post those. It's funny cause Junior makes the origami cards with whatever paper he gets now. He's so me...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol..I knew one of em would! isn't it fun. you should google origami for him and have him create tons of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds wayyy fun! and those little stations are so creative! would of never thought of that!! how fun!! these posts make me miss you guys:(( two more weeks!

    ReplyDelete