Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Mothers Day gifts.

Today my husband surprised me with an appointment to get my van detailed. I was so excited, but a little upset at the same time. Yes I know that at least he thought about doing something special for me, but he didn't consider what I had planned for the day. Oh and did I write that we only have one car. Well luckily for him, lol, I mean us my sister wasn't using her car so we were able to borrow hers for 5 hours. Yes that is how long it took this man to detail just the inside of our van...5 hours. At first he said to my husband over the phone, "oh it will only take about 2 hours." But after he seen it in person, it changed to 5. He called my husband and said, "your van is very, very dirty, I will need it for 4 to 5 hours!" LOL No, we are not filthy people, it's just after having our van for 6 years and having 5 children, and never professionally cleaning it, it obviously was DIRTY!!
When we went to pick it up, OMG, our van looked brand new!! I was totally shocked. From the filthy ceiling to the floor, from the door panels, to the ash tray, it was immaculately clean. I ABSOLUTELY love it. This definitely be on my top 10 greatest Mothers Day gifts. It's not a normal gift. It's one I've wanted for a while, but my husband always got me the same ol thing. I am grateful that he thought outside of the box and did something "thoughtful" for me. I would post pictures, but I didn't take any before ones, so it will just look like a clean car. But just imagine it...hahaha!
Another gift I got for myself was made by my sister in law, Tala. She has a blog called Motuliki Create. She sells her creative concoctions and you can purchase them from her etsy shop. Her button is on my page. But it is so cute. She lives in St. George, so her mom was coming up here this weekend and brought it to me. I love it. I'm going to surround it with pictures of my kids that Kayleen took. I will post the final product when I'm done.
If you know my family, we like to give our gifts early. I love the gifts I have received and just want to tell all you mothers out there. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

2 comments:

  1. ur van was tow up from da flow up fareal!!! lmbo when I seen the magic dat detailer did...I strongly reccommend him to the world!!! loved it, and will have to do that one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a hater...lol But for reals he did such a good job. I would've posted his info but I don't want to...hahahaha j/k if anyone wants his number let me know. He really does work magic!

    ReplyDelete