Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Overcoming Emotional Eating


(FYI, I was pregnant in this picture)
I AM AN EMOTIONAL EATER! I have somewhat known that, but was in denial. Bob Greene's book has taught me how to figure out what my triggers are and how to overcome them. I've learned that sleep is a very important part of my health and that the loss of it causes weight gain and overeating. I've learned that writing down everything I eat will help me to take responsibility for what goes and out of my body. I am learning something new about my body daily and it's kind of fascinating. There are a lot of steps to understanding emotional eating and I pray that I can eventually overcome it.

3 comments:

  1. Same here, I love your fitness posts! You inspire me. I think the first step is admitting it. I think if I could replace those foods with exercise I would be okay. It's crazy how following the word of wisdom can actually change your life. I think that's the hardest part getting enough sleep.....lol! :) Best wishes on all your endeavors! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true Ane. The word of wisdom is all we need! Yet I still do what I always do, deny it. If I would just go to sleep before midnight, I would probably be skinny. It seriously is the late night snacking and watching TV that gets me ALL the dang time....ugghhh!! Help me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cia this post had me rollin!! Don't worry sis, you'll get there. You are a very determined person...so hurry up so you can help me after I have this baby!! haha

    ReplyDelete