Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mr. Fix It.

My husband has had a very hard week this week. He got in trouble at work, both of our toilets were running constantly which cost us an extra $120 on our water bill, and a part on our dryer broke. He turned his anger toward fixing the problems, instead of being like me and praying that they just go away..hahaha
Well we scheduled to have 2 plumbers come out and give us estimates on our toilets. I also looked on the DIY website and found steps on how to do it ourselves, but we wanted to see if that was the problem. Well the first company Rotorooter (I think) gave us an estimate of $210. But he was very honest and told us that we could fix it ourselves if we knew how to work a wrench. Right there, a challenge and a gift went out to my husband. I could see in his face that he was thinking "yeah I can work a wrench, but I don't have one." Good excuse huh...LOL! Then the next company came Neerings and gave us an outrageous estimate of $380. He said that he needed to fix some "extra" things in one of the toilets....yeah right!
So my Mr. Fix it husband went to Home Depot purchased the parts and 2 wrenches for $40. He had both toilets done and working properly within 30 mins. Crazy huh. Thank goodness for honest people in this world, who understand that we're all struggling. We saved ourselves over $200. I'm so proud of my hubby. I tried to take a picture of him while he was being Mr. Fix it, but he wouldn't let me in the bathroom...it was so cute though..LOL!!
So the moral of my blog is to ALWAYS try to DIY things before you waste your money!! Now onto project #2.

3 comments:

  1. hahahah that's a blessing in itself!! Maybe Sol didn't want u to take a pic, cause people would've thought he was really a plumber *wink wink* hahahahaha thanks for sharing sis, I will try to just pray, cause we don't even have $40 to DIY!! LMBO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO for reals Anna, Sol said these exact words and I forgot to write it in my post. He said, "They don't call me plumbers crack for nothing." LoL, I said how embarrassing for your kids...cause I remember teasing Alfred about his dad..hahahahaha Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buwahahahahha... Thats soo good!! Im glad you were able to save money!! Now if only I could fix problems like that, then I could charge others!!LOL!! The internet as well as honest people can do amazing things for you!!!:) Good job sol!!

    ReplyDelete