Sunday, January 22, 2012

Another year older!


Another year older and wiser! I am 33 years old today. Can you believe that? Wait can I believe that? I am always excited for my birthday, not because I get any special treatment, but because I feel special on that day. I ask myself, does my mom remember how she felt when I was born, what did I do this year to earn another year of life, am I contributing to my society, church, family and friends? What can I do better this next year. I look at a year from my birthday to the next, not "New Years." I also make my goals according to birthday. Have you ever wondered about your birthday or is it just me? I'm going to try something new this year. I'm going to list 33 things that I am thankful for and/or wish to accomplish this year...here I go...

1. The Lords hands in all I do
2. My husband Solomon for his love and support
3. My goal is to love and appreciate my husband more
4. My mom for bringing me into a wonderful family
5. My dad for always being so supportive
6. My goal is to spend more quality time with my parents and to be there for them.
7. My daughter Serena for her example
8. My daughter Jasmine for her zest for life
9. My son Junior for the fight he has in him living with girls...lol
10. My daughter Ebony for her independence
11. My daughter Gabriella for her confidence
12. My unborn child for his/her choice to be with me
13. My goal is to be a better homemaker to my children and to teach them well
14. The calling which I hold so dear to my heart
15. The young woman in my ward who just need to be loved and listened too
16. My goal is to really be there for my young woman in mind, body and spirit
17. The wonderful presidency I work with
18. My goal is to be a better counselor to them and to uphold my calling
19. My sister Sulieta for her free spirit
20. My brother Ifalame Jr for his unselfish giving
21. My sister Dianna for her wonderful sense of humor
21. My brother Toa for his sensitive heart
22. My sister Julina for her go-getter attitude
23. My brother Mykel for his great example of a father
24. My goal is to be more supportive to my siblings and to be more open to change
25. All of my nieces and nephews for the unconditional love and respect they give me
26. My goal is to be more laid back with them this summer and just have fun
27. My bishopric for the support they have given my family and the prayers as well
28. My goal is to be a full tithe payer and to return to the temple soon
29. My body for withstanding so many years of abuse and still be strong
30. My goal for this birthday year is to take care of me "Just do it!"
31. The home I live in, the car I drive and the things that make life easier
32. My goal is to take pride in what I have so that it can last for many years
33. My membership in the greatest, truest church on earth, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! For this my life has purpose!

Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday dear Marcia. Happy birthday to me!! Here's to another year! Thank you for the blessing! Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. You are very blessed and really do deserve nothing but the best! Seriously the most selfless person. I love how you always are trying to be better in something, or for someone. :) Love ya sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, happy birthday to you!! You sure are getting old. ;) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know and I can feel it too!! But I like telling older people my age because they say, "oh you're still a baby." Makes me feel young again...ahahah. Love and miss you Hallz!

      Delete
  3. I agree with everyone above. To be honest you do not look a day older then 21!! I wish I could be like that..lol.. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday cause I enjoy having you in my life! I learn a lot from you even when you think your not doing anything but parenting your children it also teaches me how to be a better mom/wife from time to time, so thank you for that!! Love ya..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Klarah, thank you. That means a lot to me to read that. You are an amazing mother yourself. Love you too!!

      Delete
  4. Love the post! Happy Birthday Marsha! lol! I really love the goals and list you wrote, what a great idea. I just might do this next year..lol! I agree you are definiitely a very awesome, self-less, humble and loving woman! Have a great week! Ofas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie. I just love you! Take care of yourself and just breathe once in a while, you deserve it!

      Delete