Sunday, January 8, 2012

Young Woman.


I can't say enough about my wonderful young woman. I felt kind of incompetent when I was first called and I often wondered why I was given the calling. But I know now, after 2 years, that I was called to learn from these sweet, loving daughters of God. They have taught me to be patient, kind, understanding, and knowledgeable in every aspect of my life, especially in my relationships with my own daughters.
I have not been feeling well these past couple weeks and my young woman did the sweetest thing, they brought me jello and pani popo (sweet rolls in coconut sauce). And then my visiting teachers brought me a plate of homemade brownies. This all happened within 10 hours. I was so overwhelmed with gratitude. I cried tears of joy knowing that my young woman really care for me and thought of me enough to bring me treats. I am humbled by the messages they left for me on face book and the hugs that were given to me at church today. They are so excited for me and my pregnancy and are very supportive also. It amazes me to see the growth in them throughout these past couple of years. I am honored to be a part of their lives and pray that they continue to shine in all aspects of their young womanhood. The 2012 YW theme this year is “Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations” (Doctrine and Covenants 115:5). My young woman have set that standard for 2012, beautifully!

2 comments:

  1. You're so great to them, & for them, they r blessed to have u!!! Love ya sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears...love this, I think it really does impact them for the future..b/c I am sure we have all been impacted by some great leaders! Love ya! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete