Sunday, January 15, 2012

Why she is my oldest.


I've been pretty sick these past couple weeks with this pregnancy and it's completely different than my other pregnancies. I can't figure out what I want to eat and when I think I might like something, my body doesn't accept it. I have been throwing up, gagging, starving and having major headaches due to all this confusion that my body is going through. I continually tell myself, " I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." Because, hello, I have 5 children I do know its worth it, but that still doesn't make the sickness go away.
This past weekend has been especially hard for me. I found nits in one of my girls hair and then paranoia hit and I had to shampoo every one's hair and had Sol take all the bedding to the laundry mat to get them cleaned. Then I sat for 7 hours and picked every nit and/or dandruff out of all 4 of my daughters hair. I was starving, uncomfortable, sick to my stomach from the rush of things and just plain exhausted when it was all done. I literally started throwing up afterwards and couldn't even stand. I know it was my fault for not taking breaks between each of my daughters, but if you know me, once I start something, I can't stop. My body let me know immediately when I did stop that it wasn't happy with me.
I can't say enough about my husband. He was such a trooper. He took all the bedding and cleaned it with my son. ( who hated the whole day because all we had to do was cut his hair and then he had to be the slave...lol) Sol then came home and helped me pick out nits, cooked dinner, cleaned the house and then went to the kids basketball game. My body wouldn't take the chicken he cooked, so he then went out and got me pizza. (Crazy I know because soy chicken is my favorite and I can't eat chicken with this baby) He was such a sweetheart and didn't complain once. Well I actually said to him, "you did this to me," when I was crying that I was hungry. LOL he just laughed and went and did what I asked. I'm so dramatic sometimes...
Well since I've been sick, my daughter Serena has been my saving grace. She asks me daily if I'm okay, what do I need, or can she help me with anything. I used to tease my husband about his family in Hawaii because whenever we would fly there, Solomon would have major jet lag and his family all hovered him and babied him til he got better. All the while I sat there like "come on suck it up we all have it"...lol. But this past weekend my daughter Serena did that exact thing to me. She hovered me, took care of me and basically nursed me back to health. I am so humbled by her love for me and for the example my husbands family has been to her. I'm grateful that she has learned from him and his family. There example of love to the sick and needy is something I will look at differently now. My family is loving, but not too affectionate and that is just how we were raised. But I understand why the Lord has sent Solomon to me and gave Serena to me as my oldest. Every time I have gone out of my house to visit family, she has been with me. I feel protected when she is with me. It sounds weird, because she is such a wimp at times, but she is so strong when I am weak. She feeds me, massages my feet, takes care of the kids for me and even put the nix in my hair for me. lol
My unborn baby is blessed to be born to goodly parents, but most especially to be born as a sibling to Serena. I love this girl and I am honored to be her mother! Thank you Serena for loving mommy during this pregnancy.

2 comments:

  1. awwww Serena is the sweetest!! And hello she learned it from ME!!! lol...But I'm sorry you've been sick, you know if I lived closer, or if I had another ride I would be there helping you out. I have been so wrapped up in my calling, and staying home trying to save gas cause we only have one car, that I should've called you and checked up on ya!! Just call me and let me know whatevers sis, I'm here for you!!! I'm glad to know that you can count on your daughter and hubby tho, that's the best feeling!! LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO worries. It's been a trying pregnancy and I just can't wait til this first trimester to be over. My throat really hurts from throwing up that's why I haven't really talked to anyone, because it hurts to talk for a long time. I've been taking some homemade medicine to comfort my throat and its working. I'll talk with you as soon as its more comfortable. Love ya and I know you're there when you can be :-)

      Delete