Saturday, January 21, 2012

"You is kind, you is smart, you is important."


I LOVE the movie The Help! I want to buy it for myself when I get some extra cash...lol. But this movie has made me realize how blessed I am to be living during this generation. I feel that the Lord put certain people on this earth at certain times due to their strengths and personalities. I often wonder if polynesians or mexicans were put through the kind of racism that the african/black americans were put through, would there still be an America. We have really bad tempers and I don't think we would be able to follow the laws of the land at that time like black people did, honestly.
I've been thinking a lot about this movie because I teach all the young woman next month. And being that it is the month of "LOVE" I wanted to find something that not only related to love, but to loving themselves. We as woman tend to judge ourselves and eachother negatively. Society tells us that its what men want, but the truth is, it's what woman "think" that men want. I want to teach my young woman not to worry or care about what others feel or think about them, but to say to themselves daily, "You are kind, you are smart, you are important." Repetition is key. If you continually tell yourself that you are ugly and fat, then you start to believe that that is what you are. But if you tell yourself the opposite, you are beautiful and healthy then that is what you will be.
I pray that my young woman learn from what I teach and that I will have the spirit with me to be able to reach them. It's interesting because I feel that every time I teach a lesson, its something that I need to learn from. I'm grateful for the power of prayer and for the Lords answers in His due time.

1 comment:

  1. Great post sis.. I love the whole concept of the movie as well. I loved how children never saw color...just love. Great lesson for everyone.

    ReplyDelete