Friday, September 4, 2009

A Challenging Reward!

I was called as the 1st counselor of Young Womans last Sunday. It's funny because I knew I was gonna be called into the YW, but I didn't even think it would be 1st counselor. I thought for sure secretary, or maybe I was hoping, but in the end I was called. Anywayz, I have to teach a lesson on Sunday. I haven't taught a lesson in 5 years, and it was given to Primary children. I feel that I need to step it up and get into the swing of things with our youth. So I made myself a Facebook account, so that I could "stalk" them...LOL
My lesson is titled Group Activities: A Basis for Wise Dating. OMG, I've been married for almost 11 years and so much has changed since then. I kind of feel inadequate, but pray that the Lord gives me the strength to teach these YW what He wants me to teach them. This day and age is tough for our children and especially our youth. I want to be and instrument in the Lords hands in reaching my YW in their times of need. Pray for me that I will be able to!

1 comment:

  1. oH i love the new layout and pic on top! But anywho sis I know it's been a while, but I know how knowledgeable you are, and like your blessing says you will uplift and be an inspiration to these girls + you were blessed with a bunch of girls for a reason. You will do a great job, and even tho times have changed..things remain the same, only the details are different!! Love you and my prayers are with you! :)

    ReplyDelete