Friday, August 28, 2009

Schools In!

All of my children except for the baby (of course) are back in school as well as myself. We are extremely busy right now. My son is playing football, my daughters are both in soccer and maybe softball and my husband helps coach football and works 2 full time jobs. Life is CRAZY!!! Sometimes I wish there were 5 of me so that I can be everywhere at all times. I kind of understand polygamy in that way...LOL! No but seriously when my life slows down or whenever I get a minute to myself, I like to read and catch up on all your blogs. They keep me sane..hahahaha! Things change from day to day and we never can predict the outcome. Like yesterday, my daughter Jasmine, who is a tough girl on the outside, but very sensitive on the inside. Well she and a classmate got into an argument. This little jerk, I mean girl, called my daughter ugly and told her she looks like a boy because she plays sports and that her clothes are ugly. Well I told her that its not right for people to call names and that the little girl is jealous of her. And to make it worse, she came up to me an hour later and hid behind a pillow asking me if I thought she was ugly. So many emotions came over me, sadness, anger, pity. I said to her, "Jasmine you are very beautiful and don't let anyone tell you different. People only say hurtful things when they are jealous of you. I love you Jas and that's all that matters."
This is the part of parenting that I am not looking forward to. How do I protect my children and not get involved at the same time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Good luck and keep writing, I need the sanity!!

4 comments:

  1. First of all, that little girl who was a brat needs her face slapped.. and so does her mom! hahaha.. Seriously, kids that are so mean like that I have no tolerance for, that's why I feel bad for anyone who messes with Toa! hahahahaha.. NO for reals! :) and how could anyone call your children UGLY.. they are freakin' beautiful.. Hope she feels better.. I'd definitely bust a "The hand that rocks the cradle" move.. have you seen that show??

    Keep up the good work with your busy life, you're an example to all of us growing families!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kassie,
    LOL and I thought I was crazy!! I have seen The hand that rocks the cradle, and that lady takes the cake for craziness!! hahaha My daughters ego was hurt a little, but she'll get through it. Thanks for your "real" words of advice!! Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ewww I'm gonna go be a volunteer now at her school, and I'm gonna secretly pull that girls hair out and tell her she's dumb and ugly!! LMBO!! jk! No I think all you can do, is what you've been doing. Encourage her, and keep being a great example to her. Your influence is the onlee one that matters!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and I'm LOL @ Kassie's comment!! Juss read it, damn CraZy!! hahahaha I feel sorry for Toa's future bullies, if he'll ever have any with you by his side, I don't think so! haha

    ReplyDelete