Monday, April 27, 2009

Sac Town...wedding!!


The boys & Eby after the wedding.


Gabby and Serena


Anna, Me, Lame, Eta and Lina

All of us w/ the wedding couple.

Lexi, Lina, some girl, and Anna

Joseph & Melanie
Glen, Aunt Darleen, Mom and Dad

Mom, Dad, PJ, Lame, and Bubs
Marcos, Joseph, and Lame
Joseph right after the wedding!
Before we left to Cali, my week was crazy. I over scheduled myself with dentist appts., helping my husband with his finals and life itself. So on Friday morning I was totally exhausted. I was supposed to take the first flt. with the rest of my family, but I wasn't even packed and was too tired to get up. So I waited til the afternoon flt and flew with my girls all by myself. Luckily Lina, my sis, took my son the day before, so that helped me a ton.
Anywayz all was good, the flt., the car rental, the girls kind of, until I had to try and navigate through Cali and their traffic. OMG, I totally missed the exit I was supposed to take and ended up an hour away from my aunts house. Anna tried to help me but couldn't. A lady at a gas station wrote down directions that made me get more lost. So finally my aunt gave me simple directions and I found the place. Wow, I felt so sorry for my kids because I was taking out my frustration on them. lol It was crazy. But I apologized to them that night and asked for their forgiveness and they forgave me quickly...I wish I could be as innocent and forgiving as children sometimes! Hey I made it up to them when we went to the swap meet the next morning. I was surprised at all the things my kids got. It was so cheap. Serena got 10 things since she is turning 10 this Wednesday. Couple of the things she got were shoes, a purse, and a lot of jewelry. My son got a skateboard and my other two girls got a lot of hair things, purses, toys and more. I only spent $60 there, which was wayyyy good for me, seriously!!
Hmmmm.. well the time spent with my moms side of the familia was good. My aunt Darleen was so excited to have us all there. She put us up in her rental house and "allowed" our kids to go a lil crazy in her beautiful house, game room, and all. Her husband Glen and their son Glen Jr (who was crushin on lina.lol) were also very kind to us.
I think it was shocking to them to have so many people in their home. And kids at that. The youngest child their is 13 and there has only been she. We came with my 5 kids and Bubs (brother) 2 kids., and Eta (sister) had her 3 too. So all the kids at one time was a lil bit of a shocker to them. I should have taken a pic of their faces, when they seen all the kids. hahaa
My moms side is Catholic. We went to my cousins wedding held at a Catholic church and it was all so new and interesting for me. I was curious as to why they did certain things, but I never got to ask anyone cause we were all there for only one thing and that was the wedding.
The reception was just hilarious. Alcohol was flowing freely in the building and I swear my sis Lina and my dad looked and danced more drunk than anyone there. I know people thought they were a lil tipsy, but nope, thats just "how they do." lol Thats a saying that my sister lina's dancing buddy kept saying...inside joke..lol!
All in all this trip was a fun trip. I loved the Sacramento weather and I miss it. I loved being with my family and finally seeing my moms side after sooooo many years. I hope we see eachother more. We were raised apart, but it feels like an undivided family when we're together. Loved it!!!

5 comments:

  1. ThAT'S HOW I DO!!! lol...for reals that was hilarious!! :) Weh Melanie hahahahah who cares!! JK!! I love all the pics! Wish I could've taken more....But yeah thanks for being my partner for the weekend...
    Love Ya,
    aNNa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had fun!! I missed you all at church...I went to your ward b/c I was late to church...lol! I am glad you all had a chance to see your Espanol fam...:) You can definitely tell Lame has a lot of your moms side...I think..lol! Glad you are back!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMBO @ Lina and your dad!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I meant to come on here earlier and let you know that I love all the new pixz!! For what its worth I'm glad that you guys got to hang out with your moms side of the family! I know its been awhile but hey, at least you have somewhere else to visit now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so glad that you guys had so much fun! Especially that you guys finally reunited with your moms side...I wish I could of met them...I know Kel really wanted to go. Tell Serena I love her and HappY birthdaY!!!! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete