Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Daughter


I was just thinking tonight as I was watching my oldest daughter Serena, what did I do to deserve her? She is such a big helper to me. I often call her mini mom. I also call her 'ears' because she is at that age where she doesn't know if she's a child or a teen. I always tell her to go play with children because she wants to be with adults ALL the time. This worries me, not because she is nosey, lol, but because she is growing up. Serena will be turning 10 years old soon. I can't believe I have a 10 year old! She is beautiful and sweet. I love her and want her to remain a child forever. The world is a harsh place and she is too innocent to be living in such a place. I'm very over protective and worry way too much about most everything. This can hinder me or help me in being a mother. But I pray that my daughter will choose the right in all she does and says. The Lord sent her to me first because she is special. She asked me once, "why did Jesus put me as the oldest, I have to do everything?" (which she does) I said, "Serena, you have a special calling as the oldest child. Jesus sent you to help me and daddy. He knows that you have more love for this family than any of the other kids and He wants and needs you to show us all the example of unconditional love." She smiled and shyly said, "so I am special." I said in wonder, "why would you doubt that of course you are, never ever forget that Serena." She said, "ok, thanks mommy for telling me that."I remind her whenever I can that she is special and that her father and I love her. Again as I sit here and write, I'm in awe at the blessing she is in my life. Even with all the stess she gives me sometimes, the blessings greatly outweigh it all. She is a daughter of Heavenly Father who loves me and I love him for sending her to me. I love you Serena....Happy Birthday soon!

6 comments:

  1. That was way sweet C. Serena is absolutely blessed to have a mother like you. This was a great tribute to Serena, you should definitely let her read this post. It always gives kids a little bit more of a boost in their self-esteem to know that their parents just love and adore them even when they aren't being angels. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was so cute it made me cry!! I love her too!! She is awesome and I commend u for writing this, u should let her read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute!! Serena is special and beautiful!! I'm glad that she is able to help your family in the special ways that she does!! Your children do have a way of working your nerves but teaching you patients all at the same time!!LOL!! I thought you were just lucky to have a girl, but I know now that its because the joy that I see them bring you that makes this situation Lucky!!! I love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have beautiful girls!

    I was happy with my two boys and didn't want more children but God blessed us with a little girl by surprise and she fills our life with joy each and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis post made me cry, cause serena is the oldest like me!! LOL, and so I felt that you were right about everything that you said...I love serena and Im sooo happy she is apart of this family! She is VERY SPECIAL!!!SMOOOOCHES SERENA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is so beautiful.. All your kids are!!! :) What a sweet blog! I can't wait to have my lil' guy here!!

    ReplyDelete