Saturday, November 20, 2010

We are the Champions, We are the Champions...

Today was my sons East little league's CHAMPIONSHIP banquet! My son plays for East and my husband coached their defense. I was a little reluctant to even have my son play this year, because last year East was totally unorganized. But you know my hubby is a die hard football fan, so he won. Well it was such a fun year! My son ran the ball and made touchdowns, tackled people so hard, I wondered if he himself wasn't hurt and made some lasting friendships with his teammates. Junior is the only boy in our family. So you'd understand why he loved going to football and hanging out with the boys for 4 hours a day! He didn't know what to do with himself last week, because football was over...LOL! But his Gremlin team won their CHAMPIONSHIP and it was the most AWESOME game ever. It was one of those can't sit down want to jump in the game and play type of games for me...hahaha. I know crazy huh! My voice was gone at the end of that game and I had a huge rush of energy when they WON!
I am so proud of my husband for being there for my son as well as his team throughout the season. He only missed one game, our anniversary weekend, which was a huge sacrifice for him. Solomon took his coaching "job" very seriously and hated when anyone would score on his defense. Even when East won, if someone scored on his defense that was all he could think about til the next game. My brother Lame said to him, "Dang boy, your defense only allowed 58 points TOTAL for the season. That's a lil over one touchdown a game." Sol was all proud, grinning from ear to ear! They played 11 games, lost 1 game and shut out 5 teams. I would have to say CONGRATULATIONS to my defense coach....hahaha!
Today at the banquet which was held at Rocky Mountain Pizza, they had the championship game playing while we were eating and then after the award ceremony, we watched a slide show. My daughter Jasmine turned and said to me, "I'm gonna miss football season." Awww, we had such a good year and I hope this team stays together for many years to come! "WHO ARE, WHO ARE, WHO ARE WE?? WE ARE, WE ARE, WE ARE EAST!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! Love the proud mama moment!! I think it's awesome that your husband was the coach too....your kids are so lucky to have parents who are so involved and take time out for them....awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'm so proud of JuJu man!! He is so cute, and I'm so glad that he is so into football, and Sol was there to be his coach and all. Such a cute blog! Love you JuJu remember me when you go PRO!! ahaha

    ReplyDelete