Saturday, November 27, 2010

First Black Friday without my dad.

Ever since I had my first child I have gone to Black Friday with my dad and some of my other siblings. My dad loved being part of the mayhem and madness that Black Friday brings. So it just became a tradition. We all loved going with him because he became our wallet...LOL! He would see things and say just get it for your kids I'll pay for it. We would always say, "okay dad." haha j/k My dad would get in arguments, push people out of our way, and we would get my dads back when people would cuss him out. He seriously thought he was the Walmart Black Friday police...LOL! My mom hated our funny stories of dads drama sessions...haha Slowly our family members stopped coming because the craziness wasn't worth it, but my dad and I who are die hards went by ourselves last year. It was so cute. He didn't buy one thing, but just wanted to be in the mix of the event. I loved that experience with him, because I never spend one on one time with him. He also bought me breakfast and we just talked, just me and my dad. That is one memory I will never forget. (tears)
Anywayz, this year my dad didn't go. I know he wanted to because he kept asking who was going, but he had to work. He's really gotten to old to be doing Black Friday though. So I was just gonna go alone. And then my two saving graces (Anna and Klarah) came to my rescue. We had fun. Well maybe me and Anna more than Klarah, because we have girls and girls are more fun to shop for. I was so grateful to have them with me. This is what we did:

10pm-1:30am -Toys R Us ( We will never do that again. Toys r Us sucks and they are so unorganized. Do NOT go to their Black Friday)
1:30-3:30 -Walmart (loved it)
3:30- Del Taco (for a quick bite to eat)
4am-5:00- JCPenny (loved it)
5am-6:30 - Target (loved it)
6:30am- Walmart (again to look for DS lite)
7am - Home

I never shopped like that on a Black Friday. It was so much fun being with the girls and shopping til we dropped. I came home and slept til 1pm. My dad called me and asked who I went with and for how long. So cute. I then went and did some more shopping with my hubby from 3pm-7pm. We ended the night at California Pizza Kitchen and then I came home and knocked out til 9:30 am this morning. I am totally shopped out and grateful that my Christmas shopping is DONE!! Thank you Klarah and Anna for hanging in there while I dragged you all over SLC. Love ya and Black Friday!!

3 comments:

  1. That's neat that you always went with your dad:) Glad you ladies had fun and that all your shopping is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome tradition with your dad.....you are so lucky, I don't know many dad's who want to go out in that craziness. Those are some great memories you'll have forever! Glad your sisters came to your rescue this year! Isn't black Friday the best! I love it! I tried Toys R Us once a few years ago and I told myself I'd never ever go there again on black Friday......its crazy and unorganized.....sounds like they haven't changed much over the years.....hahaha......glad u ladies had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes really fun, don't know if I'll ever go to Toys R Us again, but really they did have some screaming deals! haha but yeah Dad is so cute, he always loves getting out there and tackling, yelling, pointing spitting/screaming at the people who didn't stand in line and who are trying to run in the door. He has his cart and is throwing it from side to side in front of the doors so the ones that weren't standing in line will stay away...he is one crazy man I tell ya!! Then there's Eta (eldest sis) trying to start fights cause someone told my dad to eff off, or called him an A-Hole or something..ahaha too too funny!! Love Black Friday, juss don't know if my bank account does? hehehe it did this year!! :)

    ReplyDelete