Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Son.


Yesterday was a pretty busy day. But I wanna focus this post on my only son Junior. Right now he is in an AAU basketball tournament and he is playing flag football. I was dreading him turning 8 years old because I knew my husband would put him into football. He is my only son and I didn't want him in a contact sport. I don't want him to get hurt. I'm such a paranoid mom...hahaha. Well sad to say Junior is naturally talented in football. I've tried everything to get him to LOVE basketball, but he doesn't. He is talented in basketball also, but football is his sport.
Well yesterday he played his first game in flag football. He's never played it and he was so nervous because he didn't really know what to do. But his memory of tackle football came back to him by the second half and he ran the ball all the way down to the 5 yard line and he also made an interception for a touchdown!! Woowhoo that's my boy. I always say that Junior is silent but deadly. And he is. He lets his talent and skill speak for him, but he doesn't ever like to speak of it. I love this boy and I pray that he eventually grows to hate football...LOL j/k I love you Boo!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah you forgot to mention I was screaming for him over the phone...Jr gets his natural talent from ME!! I just don't talk about it much...lmbo jk hahaha He's soo good, I love that he doesn't boast, keeps him humble :) Wayyy to goo JUJU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true.. he is naturally talented in sports thats for sure!! You are a great mom, I see me doing the same things with T.j!! Junior is going to be one of those athletes who is great regardless what sport he's in!! Hopefully he can teach K.J a thing or two cause T.j gets so frustrated with that little boy!!LOL!!

    ReplyDelete