Tuesday, March 23, 2010

He is bound!

"I am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say ye have no promise."
I don't know if those are the exact words, but I do know that it was a scripture mastery when I was in school. I have been a witness of this promise from the Lord these past couple weeks. Things have just come into my life very unexpectantly but at a time when it was very much needed. We as a family have been scripture reading and started due to a challenge given to us by our Stake presidency. So since January we have been reading and studying the scriptures. We don't read every single day, but we read as much as we can. Our Stake president promised us blessings if we would follow through with this challenge, and believe me we have been blessed so much. The first blessing I've felt was that we could only afford to put my oldest daughter in polynesian dance, I really wanted my other girls to dance, but when you have no mula, sorry. So last week I took all of my girls to watch my oldest, and the owner said to me, "why aren't your other girls dancing?" I told him because I couldn't afford it. He said, "don't worry about it, bring them next week with thier lavalava's." I was so happy. Then my brake, ABS and battery lights all came on at the same time. My car has been making a really bad noise for a while now, but no mechanic can find the problem. So my sister and I were shopping at Walmart and I was telling her my car problems, and this guy who is a mechanic, overheard me and told me to bring my car and he'd check it out for half the price of most mechanics. I took it the next day and sure enough he couldn't find anything either when he checked the diagnotics. But he took it a step further, he manually checked my van, and too our surprise the suspension was broke and was very very dangerous to drive. Needless to say, I fixed it immediately for half the price. And then on late Saturday night I realized I was running low on diapers. So I thought, I'll just ask my sister for a couple of diapers til Monday, because I didn't want to shop on Sunday. After church on Sunday a friend of mine who has grand children stopped me and asked me if I could use a pack of diapers that she no longer needs. I could've cried. Another blessing! I am so grateful to the Lord for all that he has given me.
I have been struggling with life these past couple months and the Lord has given me the strength to endure the pain and has surrounded me with people who love and support me. I know that if I continue to put my trust in Him that He will bless me with the joy that I have been striving for. I am thankful everyday for the life I have and the blessings I recieve.
What blessings have you recieved?

3 comments:

  1. I love you sister, so beautiful this post! I am so happy for you and all the blessings you've received are because the Lord sees your good works! (like dad says it) lmbo I love you and am grateful for the example of strength you give to me :)
    We receive so many blessing from the Lord. He has been good to us EVERY WAKING MOMENT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this!

    Love you for sharing this, I am grateful to know you and the fam and for all the blessings that your family has received. Have a wonderful week Cia....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! He definately looks out for us and cares for our needs!! love your example not to shop on sundays! miss you guys:(

    ReplyDelete