Monday, February 8, 2010

Carnival ideas.

I have been put in charge of our Young Women's fundraiser this year. We are going to be doing a carnival on June 5th from 9am-2pm. Along with our carnival we will be having breakfast from 9am to 11am. So since the day I was officially put in charge of this activity I've been super excited and nervous. This is a huge responsibility because this fundraiser needs to raise enough money to take 30 girls to girls camp. We have the largest group of Young Woman in our stake and it is very overwhelming at times. So you understand why I'm nervous? 30 YW are counting on me to get things put together so that this fundraiser will be a hit!
We come from a financially difficult area. Money definitely does not grow on trees here, so I'm looking for donations. I want to teach our YW that hard work pays off and if we work hard to put on a good fundraiser, we can definitely get them ALL to girls camp!
I am looking for creative carnival games that can be built with little or no money. We've found a couple of games and ideas, but the building of them is what is stopping us from moving forward. I've also found a DJ who will be playing music for us throughout the day. We've found a guy who has a fire engine that he will take the kids on for rides. We found a guy who will donate a large moonwalk bouncer and the woman in our ward are willing to donate bake goods for our concessions stand.
We will also have a raffle. We've found a couple of people who are willing to donate to our raffle, things like a free hair cut, free customized t-shirt and goodie bags. I'm reaching out to the blogging world to see if any of you can donate anything to our raffle or give me ideas on how to promote our carnival, give me ideas on prices I should charge or how to build our booths. If you know of anything or have any great ideas please let me know. Thank you!!
Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. I'll ask my work if they can donate 2,000!! lmbo...no foreal I'll ask if they have anything in their homes that are nice to auction off! :) Your carnival will be soo fun. Wish I could be there, I might be in Louisiana for my b'day/Pule's baptism b'day party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking.... be i do still have jaidas carnival table cloths. LOL I'll keep it in mind... either way you'll do great, sounds like you've already got a whole lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are some ideas I found online:
    small fundraisers leading up to the event, like a Live service auction, where the girls and leaders can donate services, like babysitting, yard work, car washing etc.
    I am sure there are companies around town willing to donate food or supplies for the carnival.

    I will also ask my in laws if they could donate some things from their store for auction.

    For some of the booths you could easily do face painting, nail painting, kids crafts etc.

    You could also do a Karaoke where people pay to make someone sing..like the bishopric etc.

    these ideas are from these sites:

    http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/ywc/camp/fund.htm

    http://www.ywconnection.com/Camp/pageCfundraisers2.html

    you can find even more here:

    http://www.sugardoodle.info/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2498&Itemid=405

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im all for the Ane's little ideas!! Oh and Im sure Anna's job will donate something!! I volunteer Toa to be in the dunking game if you have that there!!LOL!! Well it sounded like so much fun when you were talking about it yesterday but it seems like it will be even more fun to watch the girls trying to sell more tickets to win your prize!!LOL!! Well if I thnk of anything I will let you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the support. Ane we are only allowed to have one fundraiser a year. We asked if we could raise money throughout and the Church doesn't allow it. But the rest of your ideas I'll definitely look into. Anything will help. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete