Thursday, November 5, 2009

Solomons speech.

Today Solomon had to give a speech at a Scholarship Business Luncheon up at the University of Utah. He was accepted into the Business program up there about 3 months ago and was asked by Rich Kaufusi to represent the scholarship recipients by giving a speech. So being the man that he is, he didn’t write it til last week. He was super nervous and read, re-read and re-read his speech about 100 times a day leading up to today. Rich helped him out so much by adding things into his speech and practicing with him for the past 4 nights. He didn’t have to, but he went the extra mile to help Solomon out.

So today finally came. We arrived 20 mins early and were given name tags. Solomons was all special and magnetic, while mine said “Solomon’s wife.” lol I got a blank one and wrote my wonderful name on it..hahaha! Anyways, we headed up to the 4th floor suite at the stadium. I’ve never been up there or even knew they had suites( that's how much I know about football) sad. Well we found our table #22 ( my fav number) and it was right in the front next to the podium. This made Solomon even more nervous. I took so many pictures and that didn’t help Sol either. So we sat at our beautiful table, mingled with other students and with Solomons donor. His name is Rick and he is the president of CIT banking. He was such a kick back kind of guy. He instantly calmed Solomon down and just made him feel at ease. We ate our delicious lunch and then Solomon was called up to give his speech.

I just have to say he did WONDERFUL! He has such a commanding presence and tone about him that everyone was instantly attentive when he spoke. It seemed as if he was a natural and that he had done something like that before. I seriously almost cried because I was so proud of him. People stood and applauded him when he was done. I couldn't even stand because I was so emotional. I can say that I saw my husband spiritually/ emotionally grow before my eyes today. It was a breath taking experience.

We have taken steps that should not be taken for granted and are very very grateful to those who helped us get there and who continue to walk with us. In the words of my husbands speech, “ we MUST balance optimism and realism, intuition and planning FAITH and FACT.” Alooooohha

LEALAO'S

1 comment:

  1. Aww sis I got really teary eyed reading this. I am so proud of Sol but of Sol's wife (lol) too!! You guys are amazing and always striving to do better and be better spiritually and temporally!!! Wish i could've heard his speech!!!

    ReplyDelete