Saturday, May 14, 2011

Many changes...

Last week I started training at Jetblue, joined a biggest loser competition and stopped eating chocolate..OMGoodness! Working after 6 years of being a stay at home mom was a HUGE change for me and my family. I miss, miss, miss my kids/hubby so, so, so much! I sit and think at certain times of the night what they are doing, eating, who is watching who and how is my working affecting their lives. I work from 4pm-midnight which is straining just thinking about it...lol. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to teach my children that life isn't easy and that we have to make some sacrifices in order to endure to the end. I pray that they will understand that this is only temporary, because the lovely thing about Jetblue is that after training I get to work from home! Yes, bonus for all of us.
The biggest loser competition is such a great motivator for me. I eat only 1700 calories or less a day. The interesting thing is that I don't EVER feel hungry. I know that working and prioritizing my time plays a big part in my eating. I am so busy that I don't even really think about food as often as I used to. I do think about what I'm putting into my body though, before I eat and if I don't make a good choice, I let myself feel the consequences and move on. I don't dwell on it and continue beating myself up over it like I used to.
The choice to cut out chocolate was a smart move on my part...lol. Chocolate is my BIGGEST WEAKNESS! I absolutely love chocolate. I had to have it everyday or I thought my head was gonna explode. In training we get chocolate all the time. Every day I come home with at least 3 mini candy bars and Gabby knows just where to find them in my bag. I told myself before training that I would not eat chocolate and it's been a 6 days today, and guess what??? NO CHOCOLATE.
These changes have been a sacrifice, but a great blessing. I am helping my family financially and physically. I have leaned on the Lord throughout these past few weeks for strength and He has continually blessed me. I am in a happy place and I LOVE it!!

6 comments:

  1. How you are able to accomplish all that you do with a family of your size is amazing to me and I don't know how you do it. I complain to Toa about our family and how I am not capable of doing as much any more and how hard it will be with a new baby if we don't change now and then I see you with a bigger family and more to hold on your plate and yet you are able to accomplish and achieve what you set your mind to while balancing school, work ect.. I need to push myself a little harder then what I am and have a little more faith. Thanks for showing me what hard work and determination can accomplish with faith!! Love ya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you Klarah. You have always been a hard working mom. You have never let your family live without, because you don't like to see them suffering. Since I started working, I've realized what a great sacrifice it is to be a working mom. You are stronger than you know. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Cia.....Congrats on the new job, and on not eating chocolate for so long!! Chocolate is my weakness too.....I LOVE it!! haha I was gonna join the biggest loser competition too, but missed the weigh-in....dang it!! I have been trying on my own to lose weight....not going so good so far...hahaha!! I know what you mean, it's hard going back to work....but it'll bless your family and I'm sure your family appreciates you so much!! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just caught up with ur blogg! man am I behind with my SILs! LOL. Thankful for all three of u and being good with blogging, I feel like im there in a way! hehehe. Yay for Sol! Thats amazing! Havin him in the house sounds like it'd help me out alot! Thats really great! And giving up chocolate...hahaha I didnt kn ow you were so addicted! Ill make sure to eat all the chocolate in my house before you visit!...just to help ya out! lol.
    I love Serena! Shes such a good girl!
    Congrats on the jetblue job, sounds like u've got a plateful! I hope I have all ur energy when I have that many kids..hehehe... keep u the great work Cia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry Cia, remember you are a strong woman/mother/wifey and can do it all. You have always been good at being a multi tasker! So I have nothing but faith in you that all will work out to your advantage. I can't wait til you lose all your weight and I hope u WIN WIN WIN Sinai's biggest loser so u can be my trainer after I have this baby!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica, I also tried losing weight on my own and it just wasn't working for me, so that is why I joined the biggest loser. It's motivation for me to try and get my money back...lol. I guess it's gambling if you think about it..oops.
    But good luck and I know you can do it!
    Tala, you've been so busy, I understand why it's hard to blog. I'm not as good as others, but I try to blog at least once a month..hahaha And yes, I LOVE LOVE chocolate. It is an addiction for reals. But I'm taking it a day at a time, because my health is more important than chocolate.
    Anna, thank you. I hope I win too. It's funny because Lashell and I are like teammates/competitiors. We're doing good though. I can't wait to win...hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete